Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Jacuzzi

Finally the Jacuzzi has arrived...  (apologies for the rubbish blurred pictures)


I was instructed to put pink lights up the 'Rosa Chuckle' tree which grows over the Jacuzzi (as above).

Rosa Chuckle

Unfortunately I got scratched by the thorns on the bush and have had an allergic reaction.  I have now got hideous itchy hives all over my back.

On a lighter note I visited London Zoo this week and was given backstage access to the bugs emporium where there was a much more useful hive - a Beehive

Beehive
Fabulous but not quite as fabulous as Dusty Springfield's



I also got to hold a Tarantula called Margaret - who was apparently named after Margaret Thatcher...see the resemblence?

Margaret Tarantula


Margaret Thatcher
I also discovered that not all Moths are evil clothes eating monsters like the ones in my closet - I met this Comet Moth which was quite beautiful and I'd be happy to have it hanging out in my house

Comet Moth

(I don't know what's up with the camera on my phone but these pictures are rubbish...).


A couple of weeks ago a giant rat came out of my toilet which scared the beetlejuice out of me.  I started to despise rats as well as moths but then again at the Zoo I met a friendly brown rat

Brown Rat

I love him.



I think this is why we have Zoo's.  So that we can educate our children and they'll learn that just because one rat is evil or one type of moth want's to ruin your dresses or that a particular Margaret is a a wicked hairy monster - you can not generalise.

No comments:

Post a Comment