Saturday, 29 May 2010

Chelsea Flower Show

Yesterday I visited the Chelsea Flower Show which was delightful. I think the highlights were probably a garden which wasn't a garden at all - it was a house with a pergola for a roof (and giant jacuzzi - below).
From Glamorous Gardener

and also the 'Peter Beales rose garden', where they were so eager to have every rose perfectly placed they sellotaped one that had broken loose.



I managed to completely miss a garden costing 20million pounds to create, as I was too enthralled by some asparagus in the plot next door. Glamorous as a 20million pound garden sounds, it seems like a bit of a farce to me as it included bouncers to look after the diamonds which were hidden under glass cases...? Little old ladies being watched over by burly blokes isn't too fabulous.

Call me old fashioned but I'm happy having plants in my garden like this one which was my favorite - The Ladybird Poppy
From Glamorous Gardener


The colour theme of this years garden was purple and white and no better were the colours displayed than in this Bee friendly garden which had a quote from Einstein on the wall 'if the Bee were to disappear from the face of the globe man would have only 4 years of life left'
From Glamorous Gardener

So that's nice isn't it.

I also loved the carniverous plants section...
From Glamorous Gardener


probably because I love The Little Shop of Horrors.

1 comment:

  1. The Chelsea Flower Show began in full force today, as the yearly tradition of this Great Spring Show once again takes over London’s society calendars. Visitors and exhibitions from all over the globe can be found here, at what could be the most famous gardening event in the world.
    ---------------

    ReplyDelete