Monday, 12 April 2010

Magnolias

Around this time of year (April) the most beautiful trees flower all over East London. I aspire to having a Magnolia tree in my front garden (I also aspire to having a front garden, which I don't yet have). These pictures don't really do them justice, but they're stunning...
From Blogger Pictures

From Blogger Pictures

From Blogger Pictures


And here's an image I robbed from the net which shows their beauty a little better...

From Blogger Pictures


The bark of the Magnolia tree is used in Chinese Medicine and is apparently anti-bacterial and anti-anxiety (stress reducing). Mothers little helper trees :)

If you'll remember Steel Magnolias was a film starring Dolly Parton and Julia Roberts among others (apparently the title refers to the women in the film as being as delicate as magnolias but as hard as steel). Magnolia is also a brilliant 1999 film with Julianne Moore and Tom Cruise. As far as I can see there's various reasons why the film was called Magnolia (one is that a scene takes place on Magnolia Boulevard) I think it probably has something to do with the interconnectedness of delicate lives also, but regardless you should see it...

Here's a preview...

No comments:

Post a Comment